This two-day symposium will discuss various concepts and common congenital heart disease malformations encountered in the fetus, with emphasis on imaging and practical tips for diagnosis. In particular, it will include sessions focusing on the following areas:
- Fetal Cardiovascular Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Latest Guidelines in Prenatal Screening and Red Flags in the Diagnosis of Fetal Congenital Heart Disease
- Comprehensive Live Demonstration on Performing a Fetal Echocardiogram
- Practical Tips in the Diagnosis of Commonly Encountered Cardiac Defects (Including: The Four-chamber and the Outflow-chamber Views and Anomalies, Including Right-sided and Left-sided Anomalies)
- Diagnosis and Management of Fetal Arrhythmia (Including Brady- and Tachy- arrhythmias and Fetal Heart Block)
- Evaluation of Extracardiac Anomalies in the fetus such as fetal intervention for Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) and Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
The symposium will provide the audience with the unique experience of hands-on and live demonstration sessions. There will also be plenty of opportunities for the audience to discuss interesting cases and interact with experts in the field of Fetal Cardiology. Registrants will have the chance to submit interesting cases to be presented during the course of the symposium.
Hands-on Scanning workshop
The meeting will feature two separate sessions focusing on scanning the fetal heart under the supervision of experienced faculty and using various up-to-date machines. The objectives of completing both hands-on sessions are to have participants become familiar with the following:
- Identifying Situs
- Obtain the 4-chamber View
- Demonstrate Pulmonary Venous Flow
- Obtain the Right and Left Ventricular Arterial Outflow Tracts View
- Obtain the 3-vessel View
- Obtain the Arch Views
In addition, depending on the availability of specific volunteers, there might be an opportunity to scan fetal hearts with cardiac pathology. Those interested in participating in the hands-on workshop will be emailed upon registration in order to specify if they are interested in scanning basic or more complex cases.
Participation in the Hands-on Workshop will be available on first-come, first-serve basis as space is limited. Please indicate if you are interested in participating in the scanning workshop.